Paris Blanc, the latest addition to our Woods of the World Venetian blind collection. Paris is a 100% natural wood blind system, designed to appeal to retail customers who are seeking a combination of classical white colours, stylish appearance and the lighter weight that can only be provided by real wood systems.
General product overview
Paris is chic and elegant and will add class to any home or commercial property.
Slats and base rails are constructed using some finger joined materials, generally having a maximum of two joins per length. There are no finger joins used in the fascia profile, which enhances the overall appearance of the blind in cases where these joins could be discernible. Finger joins are now widely used in wooden construction and in the case of blind slats can generally lead to more stable and consistent behaviour in the wood. Ninety-five per cent of the finger joins used in the Paris product will either be invisible or not detectable by an average retail customer.
The colours include Chalk, Crème and Porcelain and are available in both 50mm and 63mm slat widths. The product also features a stylish new 82mm arch fascia and trapezoidal base rails in 50mm and 63mm. Stained wood colours are also available to manufacturers in the range, however only on an indent only basis.
The Paris range includes:
- 50mm x 3.0mm slat
- 63mm x 3.0mm slat
- 82mm x 8.5mm arch fascia
- 50mm x 15mm trapezoidal bottom rail
- 63mm x 15mm trapezoidal bottom rail
|Colour||50mm smooth||63mm smooth|
Matching valance and fascia is available in all colours.
Key selling features
Paris range has several features that provide a competitive advantage over other blind systems sold across Australia and New Zealand. In particular Paris:
- is a real wood product, made from plantation hardwood timber
- is much lighter than fauxwood materials, you can make blinds up to 3m wide that have similar weight to fauxwood/plastic blinds just half the size. In fact, Paris is around the same weight as a 4mm cedar blind
- has a new and unique 82mm fascia design which complements modern and contemporary modern home designs. This size fascia allows complete coverage of standard high profile 57x51mm head rail, creating a more finished appearance after installation
- has a 63mm slat that allows you to mix 63mm blinds with shutters, when a shutter is not suitable for certain applications
- has a 63mm bottom rail to compliment the 63mm wide slats. Available in all colours to match
- features a stylish and functional trapezoidal shaped bottom rail. This shape provides better closure and allows the bottom rail to sit lower to the window sill, therefore reducing light gaps
- slats are available in two lengths, 1910mm and 3000mm, fascias and base rails are available in 3000mm. As the Paris range is much lighter than fauxwood materials, blinds can be made up to 3m wide, yet has similar weight to a fauxwood/plastic blind just half the size.
The Paris Blanc range of colours and widths available includes:
Paris Blanc pack quantities (i.e. pieces per pack):
|Product||Pieces per pack||Metres per pack|
|50mm slat (3000mm)||100||300|
|50mm slat (1910mm)||100||191|
|63mm slat (3000mm)||100||300|
|63mm slat (1910mm)||100||191|
|82mm fascia (3000mm)||20||60|
|50mm bottom rail (3000mm)||20||60|
There are several considerations for fabricators when using Paris including:
- standard lengths for cartons of inventory are:
- slat 1910mm and 3000mm
- fascia 3000mm
- bottom rail 3000mm
- recommended maximum tape spacing is 450mm and maximum end route distance is 200mm.
In general the full range of Paris Blanc product is held by Blindware in all national warehouses located in Melbourne (central warehouse), Brisbane, Sydney, Perth and Auckland.
Paris is a natural product, so there can be some minor variation in product from piece to piece.
Paris is provided with a two-year warranty.