Like the great city itself, our NewYork Polystyrene blind system is stylish & sophisticated and will satisfy the demands of the most discerning consumer. Coupled with elegant Point-of-Sale materials, NewYork will create unique selling opportunities for you and your customer.
General product overview
NewYork is a Polystyrene based slat system designed for use in the manufacture of wood look-alike blinds having either 50mm or 63mm slat width. Polystyrene based slat products have been well proven over a long time to have amongst the best performance in Australian conditions, including regarding thermal stability. They are very suitable for use in all areas of the home or office, including in wet areas.
The NewYork range includes the following basic components:
- 50.4 x 3.4mm slat
- 63.5 x 3.4mm slat
- 82.5 x 8.3mm “Harbour Bridge” valance or fascia
- 50.2 x 14.5mm H-profile Bottom Rail.
- 63.5 x 14.5mm H-profile Bottom Rail
Standard colours available include:
Point of sale support
NewYork is supported with an attractive swatch deck, which is available to retailers and fabricators. Key Selling Features:
NewYork range has several features that provide competitive advantage over other PS based systems sold in Australia. In particular, these include:
- 82mm wide valance allows complete coverage of standard high profile 57x51mm head rail, creating a more finished appearance after installation.
- 63mm slat allows you to mix 50mm and 63mm blinds using the same product without concerns about matching colours or textures within the same room or house. It also allows you to match 63mm blinds with shutters, when a shutter is not suitable for certain applications.
- Matching 63mm Bottom Rail is available to enhance the appearance of your 63mm blinds in all 4 colours.
- Embossed finishes are available in 50mm slats in 3 colours. Smooth finish is available for all 50 and 63mm colours.
- NewYork features a more sophisticated “painted cedar” embossed pattern, while other products tend to use a cheaper and more plastic looking oak emboss, which is also used widely for PVC slat products.
- The “painted cedar” embossing allows retailers to present different looking and different price pointed products in a Good / Better / Best scenario to potential buyers, rather than confuse them with similar looking products that have different price points (eg PVC versus PS).
There are several considerations for fabricators when using NewYork, including:
- Standard lengths for cartons of inventory are as below:
- Slat 1910mm and 2700mm
- Valance 2700mm
- Bottom Rail 2700mm
- Recommended maximum tape spacing is 350mm and maximum end route distance is 150mm.
In general, the full range of NewYork product is held by Blindware in all national warehouses, located Melbourne (central warehouse), plus in Brisbane, Sydney and Perth.
While NewYork is a high quality product, like any plastic slat product, it can have some limitations in extreme conditions. It is not recommended that vary dark colours be installed into windows that receive full sun in extreme temperature locations. NewYork is rated at 60C and temperatures in excess of this may cause permanent damage to the product.
NewYork is provided with a two-year warranty.